- Headache or head pain/pressure
- Face ache / "sinus" pain
- Eye pain or pain with eye movements
Head Tilt Symptoms:
- "Neck ache, upper back and/or shoulder pain due to a head tilt"
- Dizziness (vestibular or inner ear) Symptoms:
- "Off-balanced/unsteadiness with walking; slower gait"
- "Motion sickness (is frequently the first symptom and can occur very early in childhood)"
- Lack of coordination
- Frequent falling
- "Drifting to one side while walking - bumping into the person next to them; walks into door frames and furniture, often with the same side of the body"
- Difficulty walking down grocery aisle
- Generalized anxiety
- Feeling overwhelmed or anxious in crowds
- "Feeling overwhelmed or anxious in large contained spaces with tall ceilings like malls or big box stores"
- Anxiety from driving, especially on the freeway
- Panic attacks
- Suicidal ideation from anxiety
- Fitful and restless sleep
- Difficulty sleeping unless room is completely dark
- Difficulty with concentration, re-reading for comprehension
- Fatigue with reading
- Difficulty with reading
- Skipping lines while reading
- "Using a line guide (finger, ruler, envelope) to maintain one's place while reading"
- Words running together while reading
- Losing one's place while reading
Routine Visual Symptoms:
- Blurred vision at near or far distances
- Difficulty with close up vision (i.e. - reading or computer use)
- Difficulty with night vision
- Eye strain
- Sore eyes
Binocular Vision Symptoms:
- Double or overlapping vision
- Shadowed vision
- Light sensitivity
- Difficulty with glare or reflection
- Closing / covering one eye to ease visual tasks
- "Poor depth perception / difficulty with eye-hand coordination (e.g.- difficulty catching or hitting balls)"
- Trouble stopping in time due to difficulty estimating distances
- Driving causing anxiety, especially on the freeway
- Difficulty maintaining eye contact during conversations