- Glaucoma is the second leading cause of blindness world wide.
- At least 2.5 million people in the united States are at risk for Glaucoma.
- Age-related Macular Degeneration is the leading cause of legal blindness in the United States for individuals over 55 years of age.
- One in 500 people will have the 1440 variant (MYOC gene).
- Of those testing positive, 98% will develop glaucoma by age 58.
- 3 out of 10 will have CFH variant. 55% of ARMD patients carry the CFH variant.
- 55% of ARMD patients carry the CFH variant.
- DNA testing for Glaucoma and Macular degeneration is now available commercially.
- This test is painless and completely safe, it is designed to ensure total privacy.
- Please call us for more details..